HostIcon.com’s servers are housed at the fully redundant datacenter located in SoftLayer and other top brands datacenter . SoftLayer’s world-class datacenters feature state of the art security, power, safety, and cooling systems – all designed to ensure that service remains uninterrupted.
DATA CENTER Features ?
HostIcon’s servers are housed in multiple SoftLayer and other top brand datacenters. Ranging from 22,000 to more than 78,000 square feet, these world-class datacenters contain industry-standard technology to ensure that all servers stay cool, secure, and on-line at all times. The datacenters feature redundant power, HVAC, and fire detection/suppression systems, and are monitored 24/7/365 by Network Operation Centers.
DATA CENTER SPECIFICATIONS ?
- 5,000 sq. ft. 18″ raised flooring
- 24 x 7 Onsite Staff
- State-of-the-art $10 million facility, opened in 2003
- Dual Power Feeds
- Redundant UPS : Dual PowerWare 160KVA
- Distribution : Starline Bussway
- Generator : Cummings 1000KW diesel with 7 day fuel supply plus refueling contracts
- ATS : 16000 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch
- Direct dual, redundant Gigabit fiber connections to Cable & Wireless. Direct connection to their national fiber network node located in an adjacent building. Cable & Wireless maintains 8 OC-192 connections in Denver.
- Gigabit connection to Internap via XO fiber, with Internap’s local Point of Presence (PNAP) less than a block away from the datacenter. Internap peers directly to 8 Tier 1 backbones in Denver and features proprietary intelligent routing technology to route traffic over the providers with the least latency and packet loss. Internap peers directly with UUNET, Sprint, Global Crossing, Cable & Wireless, Level(3), Verio, XO and AT&T in Denver.
- netVmg intelligent routing hardware which constantly monitors the performance of all backbone connections and automatically routes traffic to the provider(s) with the best performance in real-time.
- Multiple Diverse Fiber Paths.
- Cisco Powered Network, including dual / redundant Gigabit core routing and switching gear with HSRP failover.
- Access : Controlled by card key system issued by NOC personnel staffed 24x7x365.
- Surveillance : Toshiba closed-circuit digital surveillance system incorporates over 24 cameras and is monitored by NOC personnel.
- Data Center Floor Access : Controlled by access card and biometric scan.
- Cooling and Humidity : Controlled by six (6) 30-ton Data Aire air handling units (AHUs) providing N+2 redundancy.
- Operating Environment : Set at 68’F (20’C) with 45% humidity and a variation of no more than 4’F of temperature, or 4% in humidity.
Fire Detection & Suppression ?
- Fire Detection : Multi-zone above and below raised floor monitored internally by the NOC and externally by Honeywell.
- Fire Suppression : Dry pipe pre-action system that will not pressurize until two (2) monitors are triggered. Discharge will only occur in the area where the temperature would rise to trigger a fire sprinkler head.
Operations Center ?
- Staffing : 24 x 7 x 365
- Personnel : NOC personnel are well trained with CCNA, CCNP, CCSA, CCSE, MCSE and other certifications.
- Monitor : The Network, facilities, and customers are monitored continuously by best of breed monitoring tools.
- Remote Hands : Available for assisting customers.
HostIcon.com’s Linux servers are housed in The Planet datacenter Located in Dallas, Texas, US to provide customers with superior network connectivity with minimal required downtime. The Planet’s Data Center boasts over 35,000 square feet of raised floor space featuring state-of-the-art security, safety, and cooling systems and is second-to-none in the industry.
Data Center Features ?
- (21) 26-ton Data Air AC units
- Pre-action dry pipe sprinkler system
- Over 500 smoke detectors in an integrated system
- Simplex security badge entry/exit on all doors to facility
- Multiple TXU electrical grids
- 4800 volts of input power
- 3 main transfer switches
- 1-megawatt generator (2000-gallon tank)
- 1.5-megawatt generator (2200-gallon tank)
- DataTrax monitoring software for all data center infrastructure
Server Spedificaton ?
- Intel Xeon Quad Core processor
- Minium 8 GB Ram and above
- 500 X 2 GB HDD with RAID1
- Instant backup